Monday, April 20, 2009

Thai Food in HK

We arrived at HK mid-morning and settled into our hotel around lunch time. We contacted a relative who is based there as flight stewardness. She told us to meet at HSBC, near the Central MTR and she will bring us to a Thai restaurant. While waiting, an old college classmate of my sister who works at HSBC met us to chitchat. She tells us that the world financial crisis is affecting everyone, jobs are being cut and any time, one can lose a job. But my concern was my growling stomach! When I'm hungry, I am like a two-year old, ready to throw a tantrum!

We went to this food alley where different international cuisines are being served. People eat there at 1pm so we were lucky that we arrived early. My relative tells me that the area is sometimes called "rat alley" because of the obvious reason, hehe.
We settled in Good Luck, a Thai resto. One of the best Thai restos in Manila where I always visit is People's Palace. I discovered it with my cousins when it was first holed up at Malate so many years ago. Now, it is located at Greenbelt 3 and a favorite meeting place of my best friends.
Here are the food pics from Good Luck in HK:

Chicken Pandan

Pomelo Salad

Chicken Satay

Pad Thai

My fave soup of all time: Tom Yung Goong!

After eating, my take on this resto: "Burp!"

No comments: