Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Grand Provincial Capitol of Sultan Kudarat

While at Tacurong, got an invite to peek at the half-a-billion peso Provincial Capitol of Sultan Kudarat. At that time, the Kalimudan festival was ongoing. While the people were waiting for a free concert by Kitchie Nadal, we hided off to the offices of Gov. Suharto T. Mangudadat, Vice Gov. Donato A. Ligo and representatives 1st District w/ Tacurong City Rep. Datu Pax S. Mangudadatu and 2nd District Rep. Arnulfo F. Go. One word to describe the "palace"--- GRAND!

My gang walking towards the entrance...

This is the small-scale model of the provincial capitol...they are building a sports arena near the "palace."
I was waiting for Aladdin and his flying rug to come down and meet us...
Extravagant chandellier...
A photo contest exhibit near the lobby.
This the office of the governor. His family portrait is hanging on the wall---his five young, gorgeous sons are enough to form a basketball team!

This is where the officials and guests dine when they have meetings...

One of the receiving areas...

Gold is everywhere!

This is the chair of Datu Pax when he was entroned. When you sit on it, your feet will not touch the floor---believe me, the legs are so tall, I tried sitting on it!



It is a bit surreal to see how grand this provincial capitol is. You have to see it for your self. They have a tennis court on top of the building, a helipad, a prayer room with a nice view, etc. The people at the tourism office are hospitable and cooperative. I bet they will be glad to tour you or your group.
PS
Irvir, no need to defend your hometown. Met some students there and I was really glad I visited the area. Btw, I tasted your pineapples (B/G3? forgot the name) and really loved it! Went back several times to the fruit stalls so I can bring them back to Manila, but the variety I want was always out of stock :(

1 comment:

ryan said...

nice sultan kudarat!