Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gelato @ Trevi Fountain


A very nice weather welcomed us at the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy.  There were a lot of coins in this world-famous fountain and I wanted to be "in" so I also threw some for prosperity and good wishes.  They say there are about 3,000 Euros being thrown everyday.  "A traditional legend holds that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they are ensured a return to Rome." Well, I wish to return to Rome with a "special someone" if God permits :)


This Baroque-style fountain was featured in memorable movies from my favorite director Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita" to the beautiful and regal Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday." 


My most happy and fulfilling discovery was getting a gelato (ice cream) a few steps from the Trevi Fountain.  It was the BEST gelato I have ever tasted in my existence.  It was a last-minute decision and I am glad I dragged my feet to the ice cream parlor. Above is my gelato with the Trevi Fountain as background.  If you can see me, my smile was from ear to ear.  In Wikipedia, it says: "The history of gelato dates back to frozen desserts served in ancient Rome and Egypt made from snow and ice brought down from mountaintops and preserved below ground."  So if you want to taste the best gelato in the world, it is in Italy---right in front of the Trevi Fountain!

No comments: