Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You Are in Hong Kong When...

You know you are in Hong Kong when...

You walk on your left side, traffic is also on your left side which makes me so confused because I've been living in Manila all my life and we use the right side of the road always.  Even in school as preschoolers, "walk to your right" is our general rule.  The "left" rule is the Brit's influence :) 
You pass by this bridge on your way out to the HK airport...

Condo living is a must...

You meet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in a parade in Disneyland!

You are on a shopping mecca with brand name stores! Spending my day at Causeway Bay or Nathan Road is heavenly :)

One of the oldest transportation is the Sampan boat ride. My late grandmother would tell my mom stories of riding the Sampan when she used to work there when my mom was in her teens.

You use a toilet with this kind of small space! The only movement you can do is to sit down and stand up only! (This was taken in a restaurant.)

You get to see a marker where our great hero, Dr. Jose Rizal once held a clinic in a busy street near the Central MTR. Of course, the marker is so small (right side of the maroon building), no one can notice it!
You get to see lots of Filipina workers on a Sunday morning going to their favorite park!

More HK posts coming up :0

1 comment:

Oman said...

I'll ne going there next month via Macau. I would love to experience the things you say on this post. Thanks.