Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bakery Fair 2009


I try to be open when attending fairs. When I was visiting Canada, my late grandmother would always ask me to accompany her to the weekend flea market. There I would see vintage collectibles and also see some new stuff---everything and anything are all there! So when I got an invite to attend this year's Bakery Fair at the World Trade Center, I said yes right away. It was just a walking distance from my family home and I was also curious about the appetizing possibilities of wheat because I love to eat! And so I present to you the different faces of bread...
Different cakes on display...
The winning cake: Angkor Wat
3rd Prize winner...so cute for children's parties :)
Belgian chocolates :)

They say ""wheat is the staff of life." In the food pyramid alone, bread is the most essential for the needed fiber and carbohydrates of our body. It claims to have more nutrients and vitamins.
An icing on the cake: Baking and cooking demos!

Bakery Fair is a biennial (every two years) event that showcases the best in bakery, confectionery and food industries of the Philippines. This year, hundreds of exhibitors held booths to show and sell their products. Many cooking and product demos took place. US Wheat Associates is an allied supporter of the organizer of the Bakery Fair 2009 event, Filipino-Chinese Bakery Association (FCBAI).

5 comments:

jepayuki said...

very nice blog and pictures! interesting post! ;-)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello :)

You have a delightful blog here with so much useful information and lovely photos.

I enjoyed reading your narration on the bakery fair and the excellent photos. The food displayed is a gourmets delight.

Many thanks for sharing.

Wish you a wonderful day :)

Nimia Gamo said...

What can I say but...yummy!

Oman said...

hmmm sarap naman ng belgian chocolates on display pati yung donuts. kakagutom.

tr3nta said...

true master pieces...